Phathom Pharmaceuticals is a late clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to transforming the treatment landscape for people suffering from gastrointestinal (GI) diseases related to acid. Our initial product candidate, Vonoprazan, is a potassium competitive acid blocker (P-CAB), a new class of anti-secretory medicines with potential applications in GI diseases.
We are a team of highly driven pharmaceutical professionals who are passionate in our mission to address unmet needs for patients and improve their quality of life. We are looking for self-motivated, creative problem solvers who are excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced start-up environment and contributing to our growth.
The Director, HCP Marketing will play a leadership role in building the Vonoprazan franchise, including H-pylori, GERD, and lifecycle indications. This position is responsible to contribute to development of a go-to-market strategy for HCP audiences. Accountability will be to contribute to successful development and execution of a launch strategy. This role will partner with internal teams and external agencies to set and meet business objectives.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development of HCP launch plan. Includes defining go-to-market strategy, business assessments, positioning/messaging/campaign development
- Develop and execute market shaping plans
- Partner with Medical Affairs in establishing the scientific platform, and integrated customer plans
- Identify and frame strategic choices
- Establish segmentation and targeting
- Support assumptions, reviews, and validate revenue forecasts and operating expenses
- Partner with internal teams towards developing and executing commercialization and marketing launch plans
- Partner with the insights generation team to establish knowledge gaps, performance metrics, interpretation, and actions
- Leads HCP focused cross-functional teams focused on launch objectives
- Selection, management, and evaluation of key agencies and vendors to support the brand
- Collaborate with opinion leaders to gain input on commercial topics
- Monitor/evaluate the competitive landscape and collaborate on market research activities
- Build HCP marketing mix communications plan
- Manage funds and resources appropriately
- BA/BS required; MBA/advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years of broad industry experience in both operational and strategic marketing roles
- Successful product launch experience
- Experience in GI is preferred
- Experience in both specialty and PCP markets is preferred
- Experience in leading promotional material through legal, medical, and regulatory review processes
- Experience in digital marketing with documented results is preferred
- Individual should have proven track record demonstrating breadth and depth across marketing competencies, and exemplary achievement of performance objectives
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategy, marketing mix execution, driving performance, and fostering collaboration
- Experience in mobilizing matrix team members
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with regard to market research, competitive data collection analysis, financial analysis, and strategic choices
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and communicate key business insights, and resulting direction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently drive performance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
To apply for this opening, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the position for which you are applying in the subject line.